Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:41 AM
Staker Parson Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready:mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Crusher Mechanic Helper
Get a jump start on your career and join the Oldcastle/Staker Parson Companies team today If you seek the opportunity for an outstanding career with advancement potential, come join one of the world leaders in the construction industry.
Will acquire skills and knowledge through on the job training to repair and maintain construction and mechanical equipment. Equipment training will include trucks, trailers, batch plants, paving machines, bulldozers, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to acquire the skills and knowledge
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- Day, Swing, and Night Shift required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard drivers license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative
• Location: Salt Lake City
• Post ID: 11357216 saltlakecity