Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 12:02 AM
Job Description: Job Summary:
Under the direction of the Utah Afterschool Network (UAN) Executive Director and Director of Operations, the Out-of-School Time (OST) Specialist will provide support, technical assistance, coaching and consultation to afterschool programs throughout Utah.
The OST Specialist will also participate in and support various UAN and community afterschool initiatives related to professional learning and development, statewide technical assistance efforts, policy development, marketing, and public awareness.
UAN works closely with partner agencies: Utah Department of Workforce Services (DWS) Office of Child Care (OCC), Utah State Board of Education (USBE), and Utah Education Policy Center (UEPC) to increase the quality in afterschool programs that receive state or federal funding.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct afterschool program site observations, evaluations, and review data to determine the level of consultation needs for quality improvement.
• Educate and support afterschool programs in the use of the program quality assessment tools, including Utah Afterschool Program Quality Assessment and Improvement Tool.
• Meet with afterschool providers to create a quality action plan and set program goals.
• Provide ongoing consultation, training, coaching, and technical assistance to identified program DWS and USBE grantees throughout the year.
• Demonstrate an understanding of afterschool program best practices and proficiency in evaluation, theory of change, and consultation processes.
• Submit written reports detailing program consultation, notes, grant monitoring and tracking through Salesforce, an online customer management relationship platform.
• Travel to and consult with afterschool programs statewide.
• Support professional development initiatives as need is identified through outreach, planning, design, and other duties as assigned.
• Work closely with DWS-OCC and USBE representatives to provide ongoing support to all funded programs.
General UAN Duties:
• Serve as a training resource to organizations and partners to sustain and expand out of school time programs statewide.
• Understand and utilize data to inform program support, report program and statewide outcomes, and to inform internal, program, and other evaluations.
• Serve as a resource and partner to the DWS Office of Child Care and the Utah State Board of Education.
• Become a state expert and resource for the Afterschool Professional Credential.
• Provide additional organizational support, such as social medial, communications efforts, and web maintenance.
• Maintain all appropriate budgetary documentation regarding travel and other work related expenditures.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Education, Youth Recreation, Child Development or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience working with afterschool programs and two-years as an afterschool program director or site-coordinator.
• Experience facilitating and creating workshops or presentations.
• Access to a vehicle for traveling statewide.
• Maintain a valid Utah Drivers License and motor vehicle insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understand afterschool/out-of-school time best practices.
• Ability to relate clearly and professionally with people.
• Ability to present and provide strategic training to various audiences.
• Possess professional writing, communication, evaluation, and documentation skills.
• Proficient in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Qualtrics, and Salesforce.
• Time Management and prioritization skills: Ability to multitask and complete projects in high performing work environment.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate continuously with partnering organizations.
• Full-time Non-Exempt position
• 100% health care coverage for employee ($3,815 value)
• Dental (employee pays full premium)
• Cell phone reimbursement
• Mileage reimbursement
Location: Salt Lake City
Status: Full Time
Status: Full Time