Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 6:26 AM
Fund Development Specialist
American Red Cross
Salt Lake City, UT
Direct Apply Link: https://americanredcross.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/American_Red_Cross_Careers/job/Salt-Lake-City-UT/Specialist--Fund-Development--Salt-Lake-City--UT-_RC12789
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Specialist, Fund Development (Salt Lake City, UT) to work in our Salt Lake City, UT office. This position will work 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday, and some weekends and evenings will be required during times of business need. Travel will also be involved up to 10% of the time.
The Specialist, Fund Development participates in development of funding growth for the chapter through analysis, recommendation and coordination of Financial Development events and activities, strategic implementation of cause-marketing relationships, and management of third-party fundraisers. May be responsible for management and coordination of volunteer committees, vendor support, event communications and donor follow-up and recognition.
* Analyzes and implements programs and strategies for the long-term cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of development prospects. Oversees solicitation plans and processes including proposal writing, compliance and stewardship.
* Works in conjunction and collaboration with the Chapter Communications and NHQ Marketing Departments
* Identifies, qualifies, and cultivates new and ongoing development prospects research, networking and visits.
* Writes edits and develops proposals for individual, corporate, and foundation support for the organization.
* Provides guidance to the Chapter Chief Development Officer (CDO), Major Gift Officers (MGO’s) and other financial development team members relating to the identification of funding opportunities and gift solicitation strategies.
* Coordinates the regular reporting on progress of fundraising for sustainability initiatives.
* Develops project plans & participates in budget development.
* Monitors program outcomes and results in order to increase fundraising program growth.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years of proven experience and documented success in fund development.
Management Experience: Preferred 6 months – 1 year supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities: Leadership ability with exemplary interpersonal, verbal, listening and written communication skills. Partners internally and externally with others to develop the organization; open, friendly and comfortable with diverse groups; networks effectively and establishes long-term relationships with the community. Works successfully on teams and strives for optimum results; resolves conflict; promotes cooperation, commitment, momentum and pride; puts success of team above own interests. Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Capable of directing and working effectively with donors, volunteers, staff and committees in a wide range of activities while under pressure and/or deadlines.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to
emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout
chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response
organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
• Location: Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City, UT
• Post ID: 16531697 saltlakecity