Posted: Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:13 PM
The City of Saratoga Springs currently has an opening for an Engineer II, this is a full-time, exempt, position with the Saratoga Springs Engineering Department of approximately 40 hours per week. This is position under the specific supervision of the City Engineer.
This position performs professional and technical engineering work to assist in coordinating and participating in the design, development, and construction of City. Persons hired will be required to maintain a communication link between the City Engineer, Assistant Public Works Director, Developers, Planning Department and Residents.
SUSPENSION OF PROCESS, ETC.:
The City reserves the right to reject any and all applicants, to waive any requirement set forth in this announcement, and to hire anyone as the City Manager or designee deems to be in the City’s best interest, all subject to legal requirements. Any application in response to this Announcement is at the applicant’s sole risk and expense. Although the City anticipates hiring one of the applicants responding to this announcement, there is no guaranty that any responding applicant will be hired. Saratoga Springs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment drug testing, proof of employment eligibility, and background check required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Analyze and interpret complex engineering construction and planning documents for private developments to ensure compliance with City requirements including review of engineering plans and technical reports for private development projects.
• Coordinates legal activities and requirements for development.
• Analyze and interpret complex engineering construction and planning documents for infrastructure analysis and public works systems to ensure compliance with City requirements including review of engineering plans and preparing technical reports for projects.
• Monitors consultant activities and work to assure compliance with contract specifications and assures timely completion of projects.
• Aids in establishing the City’s master plan for various utility systems and completes preliminary designs of utility systems.
• Review of final plats, preliminary plats and site plans to determine compliance with City requirements.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of the City flood control program including preparing various reports, projects and evaluations as required and provides input to the City Council and various committees.
• Provide information and assistance to the public regarding City standards and policies
• Conduct field/site visits as needed including site inspections to identify potential construction/design constraints.
• Coordinate projects with staff, developers, consultants, and outside agencies by attending meetings, explaining the City’s position to developers, evaluating other party’s needs and preparing written or verbal presentations.
• Conducts traffic studies to support police department enforcement and compliance with state and local codes; Conducts traffic studies to support project design projections.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
Education & Experience:
• Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in surveying, engineering design, inspection and drafting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (EIT Certification) and within one year of becoming a Profession Engineer (PE) is preferred.
• Must possess a valid Utah driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Construction drawings and specifications, mathematics, algebra, and trigonometry, drafting procedures; computer-aided designing, drafting and plotting instruments.
• Technical expertise, but has the ability to see the big picture
• Project planning, scheduling and control.
• Enthusiastic, driven, hard-working, and approachable by citizens, staff and council.
• Assist in establishing an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and cooperation.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering construction drawings, surveys, plats, engineering studies and technical reports, design manuals, codes, and regulations.
• Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
• Ability to prioritize a complex set of work objectives, maintain several concurrent projects and responsibilities.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and manage a team of professionals to achieve goals, projects deadlines and objectives.
• Ability to work in an office environment as well as outside in the field.
• Ability to interpret plans and specifications.
• Ability to receive, deliver, and explain oral and written instructions.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement and react resourcefully under varying stressful situations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the public under potentially adverse circumstances and to work well with others.
• Ability to follow City policy.
• Ability to concentrate on the completion of assigned tasks accurately, and accomplish the completion of duties in a timely manner.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions—including but are not limited to the job functions, qualifications, and competencies listed herein—of this job in the working conditions below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successfully candidate must be able to perform under the physical demands and work environment including but not limited to the following:
• Comfortable working conditions, talking, listening, intermittent sitting, standing and walking.
• Regularly sits at a desk or table.
• Walks, stands or stoops.
• Work for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail.
• The person in this position must have the visual ability to read and work with computers and other electronic tools in accomplishing tasks and to communicate verbally.
• Person may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• This position requires the employee to be outdoors periodically and to drive a City vehicle.
• This position has exposure to stressful situations as a result of human behavior.
• Work is often performed under deadlines and time constraints which may require alterations in the normal work schedule.
To apply, please submit a City application form, Cover Letter and Resume in person or by mail to the City of Saratoga Springs, Human Resources, 1307 North Commerce Drive, Suite 200, Saratoga Springs, Utah, 84045, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to (801) 766-9794. Applications forms may be obtained on-line at www.saratogaspringscity.com.
Full salary range is as follows, please note hiring will normally occur at the minimum of the range and will not exceed the midpoint: Minimum - $46,750/yr., Midpoint - $57,268/yr., Maximum - $67,787/yr.
The City offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, life and long term disability insurance. The City participates in the Utah Public Retirement System (pension). In addition, the City does not participate in Social Security so no Social Security taxes are deducted from your paycheck. In lieu of the City’s Social Security contributions, the City contributes 6.2% of salary into a 401(k) retirement plan. Other benefits include 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) accrued annually, 40 hours of short-term medical accrued annually, 10 holidays annually, and a flexible work week.
Open until filled. A first review of applications will be done on or after September 5, 2017 at 5:00pm; anything received after this date is not guaranteed a review or interviews. Send questions to Holly Neibaur at email@example.com.
• Location: Salt Lake City, Saratoga Springs City, UT
• Post ID: 15238827 saltlakecity