Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Software Engineering team within the Mission Systems sector at our Salt Lake City, UT facility. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's software engineering team creating and maintaining unique software applications that interface with cutting edge inertial navigation and measurement systems used in military and civilian applications from undersea to outer space.
We offer a friendly, casual work environment, great work-life balance and a 9/80 schedule that allows every other Friday off. Our site includes easy freeway access, an on-site cafeteria and state-of-the-art fitness center.
The position will challenge our new engineer with implementing complex algorithms and integrating software with hardware. The primary software products are object oriented designs in C++ within the Visual Studio environment, and newer programs are migrating to C#.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Independently design and develop new software using object oriented methods.
• Technical leadership in small peer development teams.
• Troubleshoot complex software problems in existing manufacturing equipment, then develop solutions.
• Maintain and update existing software applications.
• Lead collaboration with hardware engineering, manufacturing engineering and manufacturing end-users to provide robust and user friendly applications.
• Analyze and document system/software design and requirements.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17029142&lang=en
• Post ID: 17734762 saltlakecity