Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money
for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put
people first, whether theyre our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. Were looking for individuals who share
our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive,
construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80
facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With
sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a Most Admired
Company and four times as a 100 Best Companies to Work For. We offer very competetive salaries and excellent
benefits that include Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K match.
This position is responsible for all procurement activities related to the purchasing of materials, approved goods and services for the assigned location. The Buyer will also provide inventory management for capital spare parts and manufacturing supplies. This role will be responsible for the coordination of crib activity that requires maintenance of material receipts and inventory issues during the absence of senior personnel, as well as expenditure compliance review to corporate purchasing programs. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical, self-motivated, communicator with knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction methods and the ability to apply them in order to succeed.
- Sources, selects, negotiates and approves the contract award for most commodity purchases or services as well as spot buy of non-stock items for location requirements.
- Provides information to internal customers for pricing proposals.
- Resolves specification issues prior to quoting process.
- Achieves cost savings goals and delivers lowest cost alternatives for sourcing of products and services to meet business demands.
- Manages inventory by reviewing requirements, entering purchase orders, and changing purchase orders as required.
- Determines the need for expediting, follows up on late orders and monitors delivery performance taking corrective action as needed
- Reporting activities to include monthly savings, and weekly status
- Completes corporate program compliance review and reconciliation of P-Card expenditures for corporate charges.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and processes supplier returns/rejections.
- Initiates purchase parts approval process (PPAP) per standard operation procedures.
- May lead or supervise temporary personal purchasing assistants or interns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of assigned commodity items
- Professional phone etiquette is a must
- Self-motivated and possesses the ability to complete tasks on-time and with little supervision
- General negotiation skills
- Intermediate analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel and Word, Microsoft Access a plus
- General office equipment, e.g., copier, fax
- Read and interpret part drawings
- Knowledge and application of purchasing cost reduction methods
- Material requirements planning (MRP) system and ERP purchasing system proficiency
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing terminology and practices
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- 1-3 years purchasing work experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Preferred CPM/CPIM (Certified Purchasing Manager/Certified Production Inventory Manager)
Bachelors in Supply Chain or Logistics
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are
considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veterans status.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 18437132 saltlakecity